So do I have anything new to say here and now after the school shooting in Florida?
Prolly not. As I’ve mentioned before, it’s complete and utter bullshit.
So maybe I just have some questions this time, and I’ll even skip the one that goes “What in the fuck is *wrong* with these psychopaths in Congress… and the psychopathic citizens who support their inaction?” I’m not sure such questions are ultimately helpful. But maybe some of the following are.
- What would happen if mass shootings were routinely carried out by people of color, instead of white men?
- What would Congress do if school shootings occurred primarily in private schools and academies? (You know where *their* children go to school.)
- Why does shouting “mental health problems” mean that we shouldn’t make it harder for mentally ill people to get guns?
- Why do the second amendment rights secured for a “well-regulated militia” apply to individuals with a thirst for assault rifles?
- Ever noticed that the second amendment says absolutely zero words about individuals having shitloads of high-powered automatic killing machines?
- But it definitely says the words “well-regulated militia.” So let’s regulate that shit. Fine! Make some well-regulated militias. It’d be better than this shit-show.
- If grown humans want to play with high-powered automatic killing machines – and I assert that if that’s how you like to feel powerful, the two best places for you are in therapy and/or in the military – then why don’t we create shooting clubs for them? Places where they can shoot all day long. Places where they can feel special. Places where their. weapons. must. stay.
- Why does any mentally fit civilian need militarized weaponry?
- It ain’t for hunting deer.
- Who *really* believes that having such weapons will put them on the same footing as the government?
- Spoiler alert: Those people are not mentally fit. The government will napalm our asses before it’ll let us rise up and revolt 1776-style.
- Why don’t we love our country’s children more than our guns?
- Because some of those children don’t look like we do?
- Because we think it won’t happen to *our* children?
- Because we’re scared and projecting shit all over the place?
- If people are sad about losing their assault rifles, why don’t we just offer them our “thoughts and prayers?”
- Why does the GOP believe the second amendment = the right to turn this country into hell?
My guess is the answer is probably blowing in the wind, and that’s just not fucking good enough.
Get real, assault-rifle-loving-America. You’re completely full of shit.